800-475-1185 (Toll Free)
Richard began with Weisman, Goldberg & Weisman Co., L.P.A.(now known as Weisman, Kennedy & Berris Co., L.P.A.) as a law clerk in 1978. He passed the bar in 1980 and has practiced with the firm since that time. Richard’s practice involves automobile and product liability, with special concentration in medical malpractice litigation. He has been a partner since 1985.
Richard has been recognized in the Best Lawyers in America publication since 2000. He has also been recognized as a leading lawyer in Ohio Super Lawyers, Inside Business, and Cincinnati Magazine. Richard has lectured on medical malpractice and has participated as an instructor for trial advocacy courses at Case Western Reserve University and Cleveland Marshall College of Law.
Richard has served as a trustee of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers and the Cleveland Bar Association (now the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association), where he was Chairman of the Bar Association’s Legislative Committee.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Automobile and Product Liability
- Medical Malpractice Litigation
- 99% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1980
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1992
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio – 1970
- Ohio State University – 1975
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, 2000 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, Trustee
- Cleveland Bar Association, Trustee
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Trustee
- Bar Association’s Legislative Committee, Chairman